Famous Last Words: Signing Off

This is the last blog post for the semester, so I am going to wrap up my thoughts on the course and everything in it. 

First off, I thoroughly enjoyed the reading, I was skeptical when I first heard about this course fomr my other AME friends, but I took it anyway because its always nice have others you know in a class, plus you have built in friends for comments.  Another benefit was getting to learn their writing styles, it is not something we ever experience of each other in our classes.  It also helped me see more of their interests outside of class, we talk and share things, but the things that were significant to us to come out in our writing is what I noticed, and there were many things I had not seen.  The other added benefit was that this class gave us things to talk about while working on projects or capstone, because there is a lot of time spent on those things, so it is very easy to run out of talking points. 

As for the rest of my semester, I still have a soul crushing midterm in Optimization and Optimal Control, which I have been preparing for for the last couple weeks.  Other than that, we are one week away from the DBF competition, so getting the last bits of prep work done before competition is another thing on the schedule.  As for my graduate research, my research partner and I are so close to hitting our end of semester goals, getting our drone we have been building to fly.  For this first flight, it will be done completely with human control, with many of the more advanced features disabled, in order to ensure we have a flight platform.  Once we get this basic functionality, we can start going ahead and adding the extra features in, because we know that we can always fall back on our minimal functional program. 
Image result for drone images
Drone with camera, from flickr

Comments

  1. I feel this post very much right now. I have so much going on in other classes, and am beginning to wrap up everything for this class to focus on the others. It has been a pretty fun class honestly. I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did going in to it. Getting to read different writing styles, and even using this course as a break from more rigorous courses has been very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the class! I really wish I had pushed through a little more extra credit and finished earlier. I definitely agree with most of what you said; I wanted to take a different class for my non-western, but I had a few friends pull me into this class. I think it was totally worth it; although I didn't like the Mahabharata, I liked all the other readings and I enjoyed all the story writing. Best of luck to you - this may be one of the last comments you get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on finishing the class early, i think that was a smart move since you have that competition coming up. I really enjoyed having all these different classmates and having them share their life with me. I learned a lot about the different diversity we have here at The University of Oklahoma. i wish you the best of luck with the rest of your writings and anything else that comes into your life. !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a UAS Pilot and Aerospace Engineer

Week 11 Story, The Battle